Monday, February 4, 2013

Who are you going to crown king this Groundhog day?


Who are you going to crown king this Groundhog day?



Dear Family and Friends,

The teachers and staff at Nicaragua Christian Academy get together for devotions each weekday morning.  Recently someone shared the idea of crowning Jesus the King of our lives everyday.  For some reason this made me (Dan) think of the movie Groundhog Day.  The movie is about a man who keeps reliving the same day (Groundhog Day) over and over.  The two thoughts came together as I pictured in my mind the idea of waking up each day with a beautiful crown in my hand.  Then, as each day went on I was able to choose what I was going to do with the crown - put it on my own head or put it on Jesus' head?  I walked away from devotions that morning reflecting on the thought, "who will I be putting the crown on today?"

 
A few days later I enjoyed reading Psalm 115:1:
 
"Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory,
because of your love and faithfulness."

 
and it brought me back to the thought...who am I going to put the crown on today?

Peace and love to you,

Dan (Lisa, Rebekah, and Will) Van Zoest


P.S.  Click here if you would like to watch a YouTube video called "That's My King".  This video did a great job of reminding me whose head the crown belongs on.